View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
If you see here, Marcus clearly sees his need to not interact with his partner as more important than her need to interact. Now, of course, it's his need so that is going to be high up in his list of Important Things but look at what that is actually saying to your partner: "my needs come first". Why couldn't he agree to interact for an hour and then be left in peace? Why must the thing he wants come first? Why must the thing she wants come second? Yes, they reached a compromise, but a compromise that clearly stated that her needs are of less importance, are less relevant and less "right" than his. In truth, neither of them are right or wrong, they are just wholly incompatible.
OH DEAR !

Ok - I gotta get on this !

London, all interactions are not founded in a competition ! Sometimes (all times actually) the horse needs to come before the cart LOL. Don't try to run before you walk etc.
I would ask YOU to go back on your own (above quote) and run a little analysis on it Although in theory and perfect worlds etc there would always be perfect balance - i.e. you defer to my needs EXACTLY as much as I defer to yours etc, this is the real world we're talking about. And sometimes the situation/circumstance is what has to get deferred to and it may just be that it seems to favor one party or another. But in reality, it's not about a person at all - but the circumstance.

In this case I'd suspect that being forced into just one more "duty" before having time to decompress from a day's worth would result in lackluster results. Nothing genuine - just going through the motions. Cart before the horse.

Possibly you've never lived an intense enough life to truly understand this ? Maybe an age/experience thing ? Doesn't matter.
Point being - PLEASE - don't think the world is all about me vs you, his vs hers etc. If only the universe were that simple .................LOL

GS