View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
Hope you don't mind if I reply here - you never know who's going to be interested, and I figure I don't have to worry too much about threadjacking on my own blog thread.

This is the antenna I bought - basically the economy version of the Leaf. It's not as pretty, but it works pretty well. The inline amplifier is a nice thing to have, although you don't have to use it if reception is good enough.

I didn't put anything else up in the house - I just have the antenna hanging on a wall (next to a window, near the corner of the house, if that matters), with a looooong coax cable connecting it to the antenna in of the TV. If you get anything extra, get some long lengths of coax and a connector, so you're not tethered to a spot 6' from the TV.

And good luck! I'm impressed with the channels I get, and how nice they look.

Oh, and I'm looking into getting a Chromecast too - Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, and streaming from your computer thru Google Chrome (as long as your neighbor's wifi will support it ). Up yours, Comcast! If RCN (or something similar) creeps a bit further north, I'll be all over that like white on rice.
We got a chromecast and ended up sending it back. It works well, but the computer you control it from has to have wifi also, not just the chromecast device itself, which meant that my husband couldn't use it from his main computer, since we don't have wifi cards in our desktops. Since that was one of the things he really wanted to do, because it's easier to use Netflix and Hulu from a computer (and he didn't want to have to borrow our son's laptop constantly), he sent it back. But it did work really well the few times we used it. Just wanted to warn you of that one drawback of the device.