View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed View Post
So, poly people are more intellectual, and are more likely to be attracted to a person's personality than their facial features, body, or resources. Yet, just because they are more likely to value someone's personality doesn't mean that the age old triggers for attraction don't play in. Pretty is as pretty does, but it sure opens some doors.
You seem pretty attached to this idea, so of course that's how the world is always going to look to you. As long as you see it that way, this comparison issue with metamours is always going to be limiting for you.

Quote:
I flow with confidence at the poly functions. I've passed on dating other women in the group over the last 4 months. Looking at the group as an isolated pool of dating partners, I can say that I feel like I have the upper hand. I'm confident there.
Overlooking the fact that you seem to be ranking and rating everyone in this situation (which I think creates it's own problems), if you feel you have the upper hand then what's your problem?

Quote:
My job is not totally bland. It can be seen as a form of environmentalism/conservation.
You're the one who brought up wanting to have a more admirable career. I'm simply saying it's only as relevant as you choose to make it. It seems you base a lot of the value of others on looks, career, etc... That's your CHOICE to do so and it's also your CHOICE to subject yourself to that criteria. If that's how you want to roll, then great. Just be prepared to never feel like quite enough with such a value system. Especially as you get older.

Last edited by Ceoli; 02-20-2010 at 04:27 PM.