View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 12:14 AM

Welcome to the forum! I agree with a lot of what you have said. When seriously thinking about my personal values, I realized a long time ago that I value freedom over security. So- I have set up a life of freedom and in doing that I realized that I do value security some also. At the same time, I don't feel the need to choose between opposing values. I believe that I (and anyone) can create a life that works for me and even if the life I am creating is based on opposing values.

I have never been married and do not plan on ever doing that. The concept doesn't work for me.

Richard and I have been seeing each other (off and on) for 10 years and when we are together it is simply because we want to be together. We do not have any type of commitment. We don't make promises to each other. We do not have obligations to uphold. We do love one another, and we do not see love as possessing each other. We talk about being together in the future, but do not feel the need to promise that. If it happens, it happens. I also don't want someone to be with me because they made a commitment that they would never leave me. That means nothing to me.

For us, love really thrives in this type of environment!!

Good luck and keep sharing!!