View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:51 AM

Thanks, PG! I appreciate it!

Totally non-Poly-related update:
I have cut the Cable TV cord today, vacillated on whether or not to move to Dish, but decided that it really wasn't going to save me any money, and just bit the bullet. I found the sweet spot for my HD antenna, and can pick up all the over-the-air Boston channels (woo hoo!). Between that, Hulu, Netflix, and a cable between the TV and the laptop, I think we'll have all the TV we want (except maybe some of the Cartoon Network stuff for the kids).

Hell, if it weren't for the kids, I would have done this a loooooong time ago.

The downside: keeping Comcast's internet service and ditching the TV only saves me about $35 a month. If satellite Internet speeds didn't suck so badly, I'd ditch Comcast entirely. First world problems, I suppose...

Oh, and the new wood stove looks great - stove plus piping cost less than $200 altogether. Expecting that oil bill to go down this winter. Fingers crossed...

Onward and upward!
Dramatis personae:
Me: 46/F, Divorced with 2 kids, 2 cats, fish, a tarantula, and a 1930s house with many projects.
Chops: 47/M, Partner of 6 years, lives half-time with me, half with Xena.
Spinner: 52/M, Friend I've been on a few dates with. Divorced, Mono, wrapping his head around it all.
Xena: 47/F, Chops' other nesting partner of 6 years
Curls: 50/F, Chops' partner of 1 year

Supporting Characters:
Choplet: Chops' son
DanceGirl: My oldest daughter
Pokégirl: My youngest daughter