View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Actually, as someone new around here who doesn't know your histories or tendencies, I'm glad that GS cleared that up. I was interpreting Ceoli's comment as a form of "works best for everyone" and not "works best for me."

I guess it depends what you meant by relationships being "whole." I interpret that as "meeting all my needs" and like GS said, you can have a really awesome, functional, healthy relationship without it meeting all your needs. I'm bisexual and I really enjoy the love and sexuality of men and women. There's obviously no single person that could meet both those needs, unless they were one of those frogs that can change their gender. But I'm not sexually attracted to frogs, so that leaves me looking for a woman to add to my life and love.

When I say "whole" I mean not broken (as in important needs are not being met, making the relationship difficult to sustain). I don't know of *any* relationship style (mono, poly and everything in between) that works well when relationships are unhealthy and broken.

I'm also bisexual. I definitely have a different feeling about it, though. I don't see my bisexuality as needing to have both genders (and more since I don't believe there are only two genders in this world) in order to be satisfied. It simply means that I can and have been attracted to people who happen to be many different genders.