View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 02:06 AM

Default Pretty good summer :)

I must say that the last few months have been really good on the relationship front. I had managed to get into a good time-splitting routine with both my guys and worked on improving communication with hubby about my needs. I stopped feeling as if I needed permission to spend time with my bf and worked it more like "I'll make sure I let you know my plans with some notice whenever possible" and stopped asking "is it ok with you if" I do stuff with him. This seemingly small shift in behaviour has been rather freeing. And another plus, the bf's mates have been pretty good at giving us our privacy when we need it, for the most part.

The best part of the summer was that the boyfriend and I managed a glorious four-day vacation together for the first time. I have been on many trips with hubby but had never gone away with my boyfriend before. It was wonderful and we made some great memories. I also went on a nice family trip with hubby and the kids to my hometown, something I hadn't done in a while.

I'm going to try to dwell on all the positive aspects of this past summer as we go into fall and have to adapt to a new schedule of sorts due to my boyfriend's work. For the next little while we'll have to make do with less time together due to his shifts. I'm hanging in there and so is he, hoping that things settle down to a new normal of sort. Missing him but feeling very lucky for all the love in my life.