View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyinPractice View Post
Stereotypically, women can have an easier time of it then men, as men are looking for less commitment. But, speaking as a polyamorous female, if you approached me with that attitude (What, you want a COMMITMENT from me? A next level? You want this to actually mean something?), I'd be very turned off.

On the other hand, if you want a less intense relationship with a woman who doesn't have expectations of the relationship going anywhere, you can try the swinging community, though ratio of men to women tends to not be in your favor.
I'm definitely not a swinger. I absolutely want a real connection, a real relationship, whether it lasts a night or a lifetime, whether it involves sex or not. My "problem" right now (early days and all) is that the minute the poly thing comes up, the women seem to bolt. So yes, the task is to find a truly poly woman. The trick is to find people who are open to it. It just seems that when people find out I'm married, the auto-assumption is that I'm some sort of sleazy middle aged guy out cruising women, which is so insanely far from the truth!