View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polywannacrackeryo View Post
Is there such a thing as communication overload?
Yes, there is such a thing. Whether and when that point is reached depends on the people. Gralson's head starts to spin if our "difficult conversations" last too long. That would be an example of communication overload.

Quote:
Should I express my insecurities to my partner, even though they are things that cannot be changed?
It is often helpful to express them, with a disclaimer that you know things can't change but you just need her to know where you're at with it.

Quote:
I think some of it stems from the secrecy surrounding the poly lifestyle. It bothers me knowing that I will never be able to hold my partner's hand in public, or brag about her to my friends and family.
For the record, secrecy is not an inherent attribute of the poly lifestyle. While it happens to be a necessity for many people, it isn't a universal.

That would bother me too. I personally choose not to date people who need to keep their lifestyle hidden. I believe it puts me in the closet with them, and I do not want to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polywannacrackeryo View Post
I have definitely considered finding a new relationship, but I'm hesitant because I recently moved on from a long-term relationship. Maybe I should start looking anyway? Just to get out there and explore? I don't want to be with someone just because I'm lonely, though. I want to make sure it's for the right reasons. I really want an emotional and spiritual connection, you know?
I never "look" for relationships, but I'm always open to new people. One of the great things about being in a poly situation is that you can go out and explore without giving up what you already have. Don't change anything with F, just broaden your horizons.