View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:06 PM

I'm glad I found this thread! I'm UU, and leaving my church in MA was the one thing that made me really sad about moving back to WA recently, even though I was never officially a member. I didn't know there was any sort of poly presence, though it doesn't surprise me that there would be! I've been meaning to check out the local congregation but just haven't got around to it. I'm going to make it a point to go this weekend.

My wife, C, and I were honored to have our (not strictly monogamous) marriage blessed first by a retired gay Episcopal minister in an unsanctioned ceremony, and then legally bound three years later by my wonderful UU minister.

(Off topic, kinda)

Oh, and as a legally same-sex married person, don't even get me started on the tax thing. It gives me a headache just thinking about it. I'm just glad that, for better or for worse, WA doesn't have income tax. Dealing with the Feds and MA is pain enough.

And just to make your head spin, while the required legal words to get married don't actually invoke monogamy (although most religious ceremonies do and we made sure to remove the "forsaking all others" line from ours), I did have to swear that my relationship with C was monogamous in order to add her to my health insurance at work as a domestic partner!
And together we'll share life out on the loose.

Dancing about Architecture: A Journey into Polyamory