View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Two years when your mom, is really not a long time. Kids take up so much time and energy, when would you have time to do a search for friends. I remember being "stuck" with people I met through the kids activities or church - none of whom I ever really connected with. At one point, I stopped and took a look at my life and relationships, I had to make a change and do something. After 15 years, I was done being lonely and desperate for friends - now I am an introvert, so long stretches of alone time is normal, but I also need the socialization and a reason to do so. I started looking for groups that are involved in the things I like to do, instead of just tagging along with the husband and his activities. It took me a year to find a group and organize changes to accommodate another activity. It was worth it, because almost instantly, I found a group of people I could connect with and that have accepted me as family.
The closest local poly group is 30 minutes away & is going through a metamorphasis. No one wants to step up to run it. Your comment has me thinking this is an opportunity to create one that is more local.