Thread: Dave's Story
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 06:06 PM

Smiling. It's funny how perception is different. It's one of the reasons I enjoy writing. Someone will pick up on a nuance and I'll have to re-evaluate if that's what I really mean, or if it was unintentional meaning.

There isn't really a score card. It was just some literary license. It was just done to highlight the change. There is a thread in the relationship advice forum, which said it's not so much about how much time you spend with someone, but whether or not it gets reduced. Susan and I spend so much time together that it's a big shock to my system when it's interrupted by a new party.

By yesterday afternoon the whole thing seemed silly, but it's one of my insecurities. So I wrote it up because it makes me feel better. I think this is my first breakdown since December.

Re: spend time with your wife. Don't I wish, but that's a whole other issue. We are about to take a 10 day vacation though, so good times ahead there. Good observation on the kids. They are normally asleep before I see Susan.
Stakes - very intimate friend
Ironically named Farmgirl - local interest