View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
To me, the question is, what about outside parties? If you're on a date, and you're wearing a ring, and your partner isn't, it looks like you're cheating.

But to me, that should really be the only concern.
You're more worried about what strangers will think than your own spouse, your dates, or yourself? I can't imagine living my life that way.

Gralson can't wear his ring at work (dangerous industry). After a long day, his fingers swell and that prevents the ring from going back on. So he usually leaves it in the bathroom. I suppose when we go out on dates, people might assume I'm having an affair with him because I'm wearing a ring and he's not. If I allowed other people's thoughts to control my behaviour, then worrying about this means I couldn't even go out on dates with my own husband.

What matters is that I know I'm not having an affair. I'm sure strangers think all kinds of things about me. Good for them.

Ironically, my girlfriend does wear her wedding ring when we go out. I suppose this means strangers are more likely to believe I'm married to my girlfriend than my husband. How amusing!
—bisexualbaker