Thread: Not Dead Yet!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:20 PM

I used to have a bodywork practice back in the 90s (a type of deep-tissue massage). Sometimes a client would sob deeply after having a session. It was simply a release of emotion. My fellow practitioners and I had a saying: "emotion is energy in motion." Oftentimes held-in feelings will just come out in response to touch.

Our bodies can hold on to energies and tensions long after the issue is over. It's funny, sometimes you can have this outpouring of a response, like weeping, and not have any feelings attached to it in the present, so it feels strange and disorienting because you are crying, wracking in sobs, and you are observing yourself doing it but don't really feel upset at the moment or don't have a clue what it's all about. Probably because it's old stuff or something you resolved mentally for the most part, but you just have a backlog of energy around it stored up in the body. So it feels good to let it all out.

I used to cry when Shorty fucked me, and it would always take me by surprise, but it was all the built-up emotions over my divorce spilling out.

Crying like that is not about weakness. Not at all.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.

Last edited by nycindie; 08-26-2013 at 01:22 PM.