View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 02:09 AM

I like to be challenged. Especially if the argument is good enough to make me change my mind. But we are far from that in this case.

I didn’t say “don’t Judge” because I think judging is “bad”. Quite the contrary. I don’t believe in labeling things as “good” and “Bad” hence there is no need to judge them as such. I find “labeling” things as “good” or “bad” to be a futile endeavor. However- we as humans love to do just that.

Where would we be without the villain and the hero? But at the end of the play- they stand side by side on stage and the audience applauds them both equally.

There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically. "We’ll see" the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. "How wonderful- it’s good," the neighbors exclaimed. "We’ll see" replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune saying “it’s bad”.

"We’ll see" answered the farmer. The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. "We’ll see" said the farmer…..

It’s the yen and the yang. The diamond looks ever so much beautiful against the black cloth.

This physical existence is held together by the polarities. Can’t have one without the other. So again- why judge?