Thread: Sailing Solo
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Nicknames: I have never used them before. K, hereafter Yo, made them up to help keep the guys straight. He has nicknames for his FWBs is either country of origin based or employment based. Ms Columbia and Ms Attorney are 2 of his "regulars" So C became Kip and A is prof.

Yesterday, I told Yo that we couldn't resume the FWB thing as Kip had asked me not to meet anyone new. Although I already know Yo, I think the spirit of the request is to keep it to Kip and prof for the time being. Also, I don't think Yo and I match terribly well on a number of levels. Yo took it well and we will still meet up to do kid things.
I only know one other person with young children, all my friends have grown-up kids or no kids.So it's nice to know someone else with a kid around the same age.

Musings on kids meeting the men folk... There are strong polarizing views on this subject across the internet. My attitude is..

ôLife is made up of meetings and partings. People come into your life everyday, you say good morning, you say good evening, some stay for a few minutes, some stay for a few months, some a year, others a whole lifetime.Ceceilia Ahern.

Having lived in multiple countries across the world and having my family and friends spread across the globe, I am well used to meetings and partings and I think that my kids are used to meetings and partings too. Friends and family visit then off they go again, we go visit and then leave too.

I think this applies to meeting the men folk too. Obviously I don't bring random men home, strange "uncles" appearing over the breakfast table. They have met 3 men over the last 2 years, all of which I had been seeing on a regular basis. They have met Yo twice, daytime visits, prof quite a few times, and someone I was seeing last year.

Prof had his first sleep over last night while the kids were here.The kids have met him a number of times at this point, we have done some fun kid activities, he has popped round in the evening a few times too.
The ex flaked ( he does actually call most of the time now, not sure if it is technically flaking) again last night and it gets to the point where I either keep living life or give up and stay home. My regular child care costs exceed $1k per month, so I don't usually call in a sitter unless it is a special activity. I have been seeing prof for 5 months at this point and done my due diligence research on the internet. We don't PDA in front of the kids, he has not been introduced as my b/f, just a friend. I think it is all good.
It went fine, as anticipated. They showed him all kinds of lego creations this morning, he made a few things too. He has 2 grown kids. Who can resist lego? I love the stuff. Then off he went.