Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
The best reward is knowing that our children are much happier. I have seen a positive change in my daughter. She is quite an interesting little person and her views of the world are unlike any other child I have encountered. She is my baby, though. I always knew she was something special. I am spending more time with her and taking an active part in her school and extracurricular activities. She beams with pride when she sees me walk in to her weekly assemblies and what-nots. She is in two different dance classes every week, and I sit and watch her at both of them. We spend 30-45 minutes just talking after she gets out of school and before we pick up her brother. I love hearing about her day and all the excitement of going to school. It has been wonderful, and I firmly believe being a mum is hands down my greatest accomplishment.
You were worried you would be bored out of your mind . Always on the go and being busy, busy, busy, is just as much of a habit as any other addictive behavior. I see it in my husband and my mother-in-law, it is definitely an addiction. Slowing down to a pace that is healthy for you and the family takes effort and practice and can be extremely hard at first, but the results pay off in the end.

Quote:
I have decided to find charitable causes to support. I have 10 charity related events on the calendar for the rest of August.
WARNING!!! 10 is excessive for a mom of 2 that still wants to be active in their kids lives. Pick 1 to be actively involved with, and just donate money to the others. If you want to keep the slower pace you have set up for your kids, don't fall into this trap (addictive need to be busy). My husbands excuse was always, "but I'm doing this for the kids", but it took him away from the kids and they noticed. At one point it was so bad, that they started saying, "why do we need to ask dad, he won't be around anyway". When the kids go away to college, you can put your time into 10 charities.

Quote:
The only issue DH and I are having is what my best friend described as "rich people problems." We are not rich, so I had to roll my eyes.
OK, not as rich as the Queen, but... Sweety, these are rich (or the very wealthy) people problems. You may not be rich when you compare other couple in your same professions, but your income/net worth is so far above the average person, that it's hard to even comprehend. Time for a serious reality check. It's ok to have money, but it's not ok to be blind to the reality of your situation.

Seriously take a look at how going ahead with this purchase, when your husband is not on board, will do to your marriage. Yeah, your using your money, etc. but this is supposed to be a partnership and ignoring his concerns is not going to win his trust.