View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:13 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I was a sahm for years. Now I am a part time student.
But-at no point in time did I ever have an issue meeting people in real life. In fact, I don't understand how you even come to the conclusion its impossible.
I can see your view on not having an issue meeting people in real life but for me, that is the case. I've lived in this community for two years now and have not made a best friend or met any one to just go to coffee with. I'm not an introvert, I talk to strangers all the time, but those are not individuals who I would want a relationship with and hubby works in a restaurant, so my free time is based on his work schedule. Just not many opportunities.

Quote:
As for the rest-it's all personal preference and many here have issue with my view on this-but as far as I am concerned-once you add sex to the equation-the probability of building a healthy long term relationship (if you haven't already managed to address that) is reduced exponentially.
If your point of view was true for me, I wouldn't be with my husband. I don't disagree with you and actually have been making it a point with any potential suitors we will be dating before we become sexual.

Quote:
NRE is a bullshit excuse for rushing the relationship train to the bedroom
. Still learning about this NRE terminology. If one didn't even know this terminology and they do rush to the bedroom, what excuse do they have? Just curious since I am involved with someone which started out purely for sex but the feelings that evolved with this person is what made both hubby and I realize I could love two people and brought us to the path of polyamory.

Quote:
I was clear as day with my SO's. If they choose to fuck before a friendship is established between ALL OF US and the other party-that person won't ever be a part of our family dynamic. Period.
They are free to fuck whoever they want-they can have fwb with whomever they want. But those people aren't welcome to participate in our family dynamic.
If they want someone to have the opportunty of being a part of OUR family dynamic-they can table sex until we have established a functional friendship with them as a family.
(and no-we don't date together-we all have very different tastes in lovers)
Well hubby and I are not ready to invite anyone into our family. We know it's a possibility but will be awhile down the road. Our family consists hubby, myself, our 15 year old daughter, almost 8 year old son and 2 year old girl. If we just had the younger ones we might tread this path differently but due to the oldest age and her personality, we will be going very slowly. Any dates will be outside the home for the time being, which means sex won't always be an opportunity that is on the plate, at least for me.

Thank you LR for your input. Different views help see the bigger overall picture.