View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
pretty much my standard answer - if it works for all three of you, then more power to ya!

It's a Good Idea if it meets the needs of the three of you - nobody else has any right to tell you otherwise, and is just meddling, in my opinion.

Since I don't know the individuals involved that is a very difficult question to answer.

OK the answer to this is both simple and complicated. Communicate. And do it a LOT. Make sure that all three of you understand each others hopes and expectations to the point where there is no doubt. A lot of the secret of making this work is developing a trust between you - trusting that you know what the other wants out of it and that they aren't hiding it or leaving out "inconvenient truths".

When you talk about this, work through the logistics of the dynamics of your relationship, including alone time for each of you individually, and as couples different people have different needs and it's important to understand them so you can plan around them.
Where my concern is, is that all of the separate relationships could create an issue in making it to the "goal" of being in one relationship with the three of us. I feel like we should be doing it all together. Even though I am ok with the status quoe It just feels like there will be problems with connecting as on unit if so much time is being dedicated to the separation.