View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 03:42 PM

This week has been great at our house, probably the smoothest since we started this experiment. Before that we were all really struggling with some jealousy over small issues and while jealousy still comes up from time to time, it's often quickly solved and remedied.

I'm still impressed by how far Neverwhere has come in his journey. I was the one initially interested in poly for many years. He always swore he could never do it. Now...he is so comfortable with it, it's like it was meant to be. Like the four of us (Neverwhere, myself, his ex and my BIL) have been leading up to this for our entire lives.

Mark (BIL) and I actually dated six years ago and when it didn't work out, he introduced me to his brother, Neverwhere. And of course Amanda and Neverwhere's marriage lasted quite a while (10 years) and they had some good times, but it ended really badly. It was like we were all waiting to mature and grow as individuals before we could make this all work together.

Mark and I had our first date (well, I guess our first since we started poly) last Monday and then we were also able to go out this past Saturday as well. Amanda and Neverwhere spent those evenings together at home with our children.

The kids have adjusted wonderfully to this new life we have in our household. They're happy to see both their bio parents happy and friendly and spending time together. They also think nothing of seeing their uncle give me a hug and a kiss when he gets home from work, since he gives one to their mom as well. I haven't seen the kids this well adjusted in years. They have new life in them!

The entire house has been reading "The 5 Love Languages" and it has helped with our communication in the household. Even Mark and Amanda, who are not romantically involved.
Mark - Neverwhere's brother and my roommate