View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 01:07 PM

I felt like updating.

I have talked to my sister and things are ... civil. She doesn't like Lin. She thinks he is immature and not "a real man". And certainly not a great partner for me. She told me, that she is unable to see him as a partner of any sorts at all in regard to me. But, she doesn't want space or one of us moving away because of it. I guess that is OK. She doesn't have to like him and I trust her, that she wont make any kind of scene when I introduce him to my relatives in the near future. I don't expect more for now. I am disappointed for sure, but that's life. Seems like the topic was responsible for some friends of her and BIL pulling away from them because they didn't like her way of handling my relationships. I just heard about this yesterday and maybe that was one of the reasons why things were more strained during the last weeks.

On the other hand I have had a great evening yesterday. There was a feast in our town and we went and met my parents there. Over the course of the evening my dad talked with Sward and espacially Lin for some hours, expressing his concern for his health and said that he was really happy for us and that he hopes for us to be well and happy together. While they were talking, I sat down with my mother alongside their friends and when a woman asked where my father was, my mother told her "Talking to his sons in law over there." I just had to smile So heart warming. Seems like I can't have it all. I prefer it like it is right now.

I am a bit afraid of the hormonal treatment that is just about to start. I underwent surgery two weeks ago. During a lapascopy they diagnosed endometriosis and I need hormones to stop it from growing again for about three months. I was told that it will be like experiencing menopause. Guess how happy I am about THAT The positive side of it is the upcoming start of our artificial insemination therapy. Or better my ... Right after they give the go that the endometriosis is under control we will start into the first cycle. Hoping for the best.

And another 'aside': Learning for my finals right now. Two months remaining, another 7 topics to cover. Time is running.

My Blog