Thread: Odd situation
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
I do love him. I guess I was venting as much as anything else; I don't usually mind, but sometimes he's particularly egotistical comments irk me.
I get that! I thought I was picking that up in your post! There are times when I just overlook things like that- let the guy pump up his own ego for a while- after all- this too shall pass, right? And (I don't know about you) but my guy has to put up with some of my ego stuff too.

On afternoon, we were at a festival and briefly hooked up with one of my guy friends and his wife. I am sexual with the guy and my SO really likes the guy, but my SO doesn't like the wife at all. I went off for about 15 minutes to visit with the couple and when I sat back down my SO said something about how stuck up the wife is. I went on to brag that they said they were going to invite me to their house to spend some time with the two of them. And I said it in a very bratty way. It was tacky of me and it hurt my SO,s feelings. It was my attitude that was hurtful.
The key to life is in being fully engaged and peacefully detached simultaneously and authentically in each moment.