Thread: birth control
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:40 AM

Yeah, I admit my note was a little too straight forward and preachy.... I "reacted" from worry instead of "responding" with respect. Whether that drives her away, I don't know. I guess time will tell. If I hadn't been so emotional I would have phrased it in SET format (support, empathy, and truth) and probably gotten a better response from both of them.

Yeah, I've been very clear to him all along that I am not willing to participate in co-raising a child. My kids are almost all grown and I don't want to go back to the days of car seats, babysitters, and teething. I would choose to leave rather than deal with that again.

My primary partner does have some naive beliefs regarding safe birth control, and trying to educate him hasn't been well received... This concerns me for any future encounters we may have.

So you are saying that - if he chooses to practice unsafe sex and not commit to a fluid bond, that my choices are: A) accept the risk he is taking or B) get out of the relationship?

Me ~ 48 bi-sexual female
Primary partner ~ 54 heterosexual male
secondary partner ~ 43 bi-sexual female
** we are working on forming a triad, though our secondary partner is more for me since my primary partner travels **

Last edited by UnitedForNow; 08-05-2013 at 03:43 AM.