View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
I'm just seeking clarification: does this mean that you (London) see catching an STD as somewhat inevitable?
No, I think it's a risk. Some people might have a higher risk depending on their medical history or sexual practices. Either way, it isn't the end of the world and the best thing would be to ensure that anything you did contract is diagnosed and treated promptly so you don't put yourself at risk of complications from infections or other people at risk of getting it too.

I think that generally, people worry too much about what other people are doing when it comes to STD's, and not enough about how they could minimize their own risk of coming to significant harm from an STD. Personally, I'm fluid bonded with both my partners now. We are meant to use protection outside of this and I'm sure they do; I trust them but shit happens and unfortunately, people lie. I prevent myself getting pregnant, I don't have to trust someone else to - for them, they have to both trust that their partner will protect their physical health and also prevent pregnancy when it comes to fluid bonding. Just because I know we all have multiple partners and that does increase risk, I have an STD test monthly. I also take what precautions I can during unprotected sex to minimise the risk of me contracting HIV if one of them were to contract it between their tests. I have monthly spot checks for HIV and quarterly blood tests. Getting HIV would suck, but it would be much better if I knew ASAP. I have told my partners this but they get tested 3-6 monthly. That's totally up to them.