View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
Could just go for straight up conversation. Something like:
"I am okay with you exploring your needs, I really am.

I just think asking me to be you "main hub" person over Long Distance Relationship for 12 mos is not for me. I just cannot see me being okay with someone else being able to see you and spend time with you while I am stuck on a computer/phone. I rather be Closed until we are local, and you rather date now. We are not compatible.

I prefer to stick with my decision to walk away before it just gets even harder to. Then I spare myself any future angst over LDR problems and you are free to date who you wish."
There. Problems solved. If he DOES move in 12 mos, and you still want to date him then at that time, great. Date him then.

But at THIS point in time? You wanted to end if for a reason. Could let it BE ended for a while and see what that feels like and see if it serves you better.

Galagirl
This is actually what I had in mind .. well, I was going to ask him for a couple of weeks to think things through but let him know that this is where my head is at right now.

I don't see any way around it unless he is prepsred to visit VERY regularly and that seems unsustainable really.

Thanks