View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM

Six days since my day of frustration with stepkid/stepmom issues. Things have resolved nicely. Amanda (the kids' mom) told me that I shouldn't feel like I can't parent still, especially since we are all living in my home. Well, mine and Neverwhere's.

We came up with some more middle of the road rules for the kids and it seems to be going well.

We had a rough weekend here. There was a lot of tension about some relationship issues. But in the end, I'm glad my husband and I have come such a long way in our communication with one another. Years ago this would have been an unbelievably huge deal, involving lots of fighting, but now we get to talk about each other's issues and come to a compromise.

In other news, the guy I was seeing has decided he doesn't have time for a relationship right now. Wow, that seems like quite the ironic comment since I have four kids, a husband, an ex wife, and my BIL living with us and I still have free time. So I decided to just sit back and relax about that one. We have a lot in common and so we can be friends for now. When he has the time. haha.

Meanwhile, my husband and I have done a lot of talking and we've decided that I should try dating my BIL. We'll call him Mark. I'm really trying to keep my life as private as I can, even though I do need the support of this board. So...much deliberation and discussion of how this would go and work and such... Mark and I are going to try a romantic relationship. We dated 6 years ago, before I even met my husband. We had great chemistry but it just wasn't meant to work out then. Mark introduced me to his brother and we hit it off right away and got married that year. The four of us adults (Neverwhere, myself, Amanda, and Mark) all live together so it seems to work well that we would all be involved in this aspect of our lives. I am excited to see how much farther our family develops.
Mark - Neverwhere's brother. We are dating. He is mono.
JBR - My boyfriend of 8 months, also poly, has kids, we live together.