Old 02-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Glow-
you didn't sound stupid.
It was a relieving lightness of spirit.
Good for the soul!!
Glow - your post didn't sound stupid and my response was not intended to "make you feel" stupid. I apologize if it came across that way.

At the risk of sounding even MORE condescending (which is also not the intent), I felt the same way when I was your age (that everyone around me was older).

Quote:
Quoth the Raven:

There are those who genuinely care about people other than themselves and seek to stop social structures that disadvantage others while recognizing where these structures benefit them. They actively work together and work against accepting oppression as the norm they were trained to think it was. This includes stopping the replication of these structures in communities we create for ourselves such as the polyamorous community.
Raven - it's obvious to me that you consider those of us not part of the solution as being part of the problem. You have every right to think so, but not all of us can or want to be as "active" about this in the same area. I am dealing with the same sort of thing when it comes to working with feline rescue. That is the battle I have chosen. Some days it's all I can do to just keep them clean and fed. I hate it when I go somewhere to relax and end up having to expend energy to educate people. However, I am happy when I just hear that someone got their damn cat spayed or neutered and they're not following me with an icepick and hammer while I'm sticking my fingers in the dyke (and not in the fun way either). I do not feel compelled to recruit others into my "cause".

I'm not saying you're here to "recruit" people, but you really do need to acknowledge that other people's priorities in life might be different from fighting against ageism, racism, mono-poly-isms, whatever.

And you MIGHT want to consider using a different font and/or color because the ones you use also give me a headache (and no, I haven't been PM'ing with LR about you) the same way it does when someone writes in all caps. But far be it from me to cramp your style.

That is all. Carry on.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 02-05-2010 at 04:33 AM.