View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 05:09 PM

What to tell the son about the separation? Could both tell him the truth, but simply.

"Mom and Dad are having a trial separation. We are trying to learn how to get along better. We each love you lots. Do you have other questions? We could talk if you like."

And be ok saying "That's a good question. I don't know how to answer that right now."

I see that you are lonely. Try to get out and make friends. Figure out what the next thing is at the military rec center -- take the kid out to ping pong or swim or whatever it is. Meet other families out to play.

I am glad that you like the therapist you have better than the old one.

If you like the idea of a 4 bedroom house and can afford it, get it for you and son. You have to live somewhere once out of military.

I know some of it sucks -- lonely sucks. But you could focus on what you want to have next rather than what you don't have right now.

Move what you can forward at this time. And what you can't yet, wait until such time that you can move it a little bit along further THEN.

You cannot get through this faster than the time that it takes. It just takes the time that it is going to take.

You can do this. Hang in there.

Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 07-26-2013 at 07:30 PM.