Thread: Sex?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
...And although I also agree that there are wonderful people who CAN only be sexual with someone where a deep, loving relationship exists, I equally acknowledge that those people are historically a minority and that much of that dependency is due to repression of our natural sexuality...
This is the part I take issue with. This is as much an assumption as the idea that poly is really an excuse to cheat. While I might be able to accept that people who only have sex as part of a loving relationship are in the minority, I must argue that your statement that it is a dependency or that it is due to repression of sexuality sounds more like judgement. My experience has been that people who say that they can only have sex as part of a "deep, loving relationship" are just like everyone else--some of them are actually repressing due to societal expectations, and some of them really mean it and are being factual.

You seem like a nice person, GS, why the judgement? It makes it harder for others to accept us if we go around telling them that their way of life is wrong and ours is right and they must live our way or be judged.