View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 12:28 AM

Default Road Bumps

Hi everyone,
I wanted to first off thank all of you again for your replies and support.
As some of you know, I posted in the relationships forum last night about an incident that happened at dinner last night. For those of you who don't know and are interested please feel free to look up the post? The end of our evening was pretty upsetting. Another road bump to drive carefully over.
Last night and this morning were really difficult, but things are turning around. I am realizing that in these relationships clear communication is paramount.
I also wanted to let those of you who suggested I open lines of communication with my BF's other GF's that I took a deep breath and made that leap today. I emailed both of them, and they both already responded.
I was scared of what they would say, what they might think and of being honest with them, as I mentioned before, that kind of vulnerability can be terrifying.
Even though I am still unsure of when I will be ready to meet them, I did let them both know, that I hope we can get to a place where we can all share space and laughter and that it was important to me that they know I have respect for the relationship(s) they have with my partner.
Luckily for me, they both responded with empathy, gratitude and kindness.
I wanted to thank all of you for helping me work up the courage to send those emails.
I also wanted to ask what kind of relationship you all have with your partner's significant others? I am still trying to work out/find my comfort zone with all of this. My BF and I were talking about putting together some sort of informal agreement we obviously can change at any time, but that gives us an idea and understanding on communication with each other and ensures we share time together, as a family and individually. Being a novice, I am trying to figure out how to open lines of communication, how to gain more security and confidence in myself and my relationship and hearing from all of you has already helped more than I could ever adequately express.

Thanks so much <3
"If you love a flower, don't pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies & it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation." -Osho