View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Too often there seems this "oh well I can't help it, it's NRE" excuse for just walking away and expecting that the people at home with pick up the pieces of your trail of tears for you-and wait til you reappear.
That's just fucking irresponsible and rude.
I'll be honest with you, this whole post just seems like you ranting because you've got something on your mind and this thread is as good a place as any to blow off some steam. I don't have a problem with it, but you quoted me at the top of this rant which makes me think I have somehow deeply offended you because of the chores in your house not getting done or not calling you if I'm going to miss a coffee date.

How did the volume get turned up so high on this conversation?

I at no point addressed the courtesy involved in when a person changes their worldview or interests. My presumption is that you aren't dating self-obsessed twats and that your partners understand that when a lunch date is ditched that a phone call is courtesy. If you date people like that I don't know what to tell you... but none of my posts were designed to address the communication habits of dim-wits. If that is what is being discussed I don't have a lot of experience to draw on.

First I'm a sociopath and now I'm a bad date. Did I miss a meeting? What the heck are you guys talking about?

Me: male, 40, straight, single