View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 12:31 AM

I agree that each relationship is individual-but there is overlap. How much overlap, depends upon the people involved.
It would be flat ludicrous to suggest that problems in one of my relationships won't impact the other-we all live together and we are raising children together.

THAT SAID-when Maca had a gf who was toxic for the rest of us-we simply declined to have anything to do with her. HIS CHOICE when/where/how he went to spend time with her. But-no bringing toxic people to our home.

As for NRE,
I quite sincerely have no patience for it and I don't abide by the "let your partner enjoy it" adage either.
I think any person who gets so googly eyed over ANYTHING that they neglect their already agreed to responsibilities is being irresponsible and deserves to suffer the consequences of that choice.
I don't allow myself to neglect my responsibilities and I expect my partners to manage their emotions so that they don't either. If they can't do that-they need not remain my partners-and that includes my husband. It is in fact the experience of watching him fling himself into NRE and make everyone miserable-only to repeatedly realize he had nothing in common with the various women he did this with-that led me to "FUCK OFF-you have responsibilities and you damn well better meet them before you go running off to fuck" attitude.
Which has stayed with me and probably always will.