Thread: New and so sad
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
The "R" in "NRE" stands for "relationship". This was not a "relationship" so there could not have been "NRE". Ten days and two dates is TEN DAYS AND TWO DATES. Yes it can BECOME a "relationship" but really seriously come on. The OP did this to herself, inside her mind. Unrealistic expectations, not "NRE".

"NRE". Pfeh.
It may not have been a real commited relationship, but you know those exciting hormones can kick in after just one make out session... I've had that happen. I think you may have too, BG.

Plus erkabu has NRE for poly itself. A romantic newbie's view of it, to be sure, with one big happy family, and her and the wife bffs and the kids all playing together. Just because we are middle aged and bitter doesn't mean we have to pee all over someone's lovely fantasies being dashed.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, poly, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, poly, 37