View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 07:11 PM

Agreed. This sounds like control issues.

Our unspoken texting "agreement" is "I'll text who I want, when I want. You'll text who you want, when you want."

As a matter of consideration and mutual respect, it just turns out that "when I/you want" coincides with times that we are not trying to enjoy a nice, intimate moment together. What more does one need?

I'm always amazed at how many people cannot live without their phones. I'm constantly forgetting to charge my phone, or if I do remember to charge it, I usually forget to take it off the charger when I go out. The people in my life have had to learn that just because I own a cell phone doesn't mean it's wired into my head. Call me, I may or may not answer. Text me, I'll probably get back to you within 24 hours. If it's urgent, call me several times in a row so I notice "8 missed calls" and clue in that you're not just calling to shoot the shit.

I'm pretty sure my teenage stepdaughter is literally wired differently. She seems fully capable of having two concurrent conversations, talking to us about one thing and texting who knows what to her friends at the same time, without missing a beat in either conversation.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."

Last edited by SchrodingersCat; 07-06-2013 at 07:23 PM.