View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
No no that's not right. I'M the one utterly lacking in those things. ME. Not london. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.
I haven't found that to be true yet....London regularly pisses me off on my posts & other people's...so it's not like I'm overly sensitive with my own issues. I'm in grad school to become a psychologist so I look for constructive ways to help people. I'm honest to a fault, but I always temper my honesty with compassion for the other person & try to find a way to make sure my advice will be heard. This harda$$, tough love approach is about the person giving the advice & their baggage, not about what's best for the recipient of the advice & I'm sick of it. There's a way to be honest & candid without being a jerk. Yeah yeah, I've heard there's different versions of compassion & I just don't buy it, compassion is compassion. There's tough advice to hear tempered with love & then there's I'm a just a jerk pretending my advice is tough love. It's harmful & it certainly isn't helpful. All these tough lovers need to start getting tough with themselves & leave the rest of us alone.

There is no failure. Only feedback. -Robert Allen