View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
It seems that you moved her in too quickly, without getting to know her first. That's a common poly mistake, I've done it myself.

I don't think it's a good idea for her to continue living with you. She may not want to, who knows.
Thanks for the response BlackUnicorn...not sure if she would want to or not...but we will see..and yes, 'if I knew then...' fits in this situation. I'm fairly new to poly so I expect I'll make my share of common mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Well, letting her move in so soon and not pay rent was a bonehead move, and so would be continuing to let her stay after you break up. You need to tell her "It's not working out. You need AA. Out you go!" and change the locks. Geez, it always amazes me what people will put up with.
Thanks for the response Nycindie...not sure if I agree with the 'bonehead' part...Kat and I beleive in helping those that need help...we have let friends stay with up (rent free) before until they got back on their feet...this situation is different because of the relationship part but, we wouldn't hesitate in helping another friend in the same way...and since I still care for her, I wouldn't just put her out on the street thinking that she would do more sinking than swimming; that's not my style.