View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Ginger has been in the hospital since Thursday night. He's sick with fevers and diarrhea and also maybe a UTI, even pneumonia. Tests are inconclusive so far.

His wife R hates to drive outside of their town, she wears coke bottle lensed glasses, but accompanied him to the first GP visit, then a half hr drive to the big city hospital for a CAT scan, then home, then he drove them back to the hospital when first test results indicted he should be admitted. She had to drive home by herself at 1:30am in the rain, after he finally got a bed. It's a half hour drive in good traffic and weather.

Yesterday she wanted to bring him some things, toothbrush etc, so Ginger asked if I would drive her to the city. Of course, I wanted to visit him too, and so did miss pixi, so we drove to their town, got R and drove to the city. How is that for a poly scenario? I'd only hung out with R for an hour or so, 3 times, before this, but "our" man being brought down brought us all together.

As we were about to leave after our visit, I said, good thing she was along because it would have been hard to find his room in those loopy corridors. She said, "And I am glad you were able to drive me here! It's a symbiotic relationship."

Ginger is having more tests today and didn't want visitors, he's very tired. We've talked briefly on the phone at 10 and 3 and I'll call him again in the evening. My poor sweetie!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)