View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
Okay, so this doesn't have a direct bearing to polyamory, but relates to healing and becoming a whole person, so I'll share.

This morning I got my very first tattoo ever. It is located on my solar plexus and has the following text; 2. Cor. 12:9.

The Bible verse it refers to is, following the New International Translation, this one;

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

I have struggled with panic disorder, and I chose the solar plexus because that part of my body is where I first feel an attack coming. For all of you fellow polys, monos and intererested who have 'a thorn in your flesh', be you of whatever religious persuasion or none, I wish the most glorious day!
I haven't gotten through all the pages yet, but this grabbed my attention. Just wanted to say that's a beautiful verse and also that I struggle with panic as well. I often feel it a lot like how you describe. Wishing you love and light in your journey.
Mark - Neverwhere's brother and my roommate