View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
Sounds like high school drama to me.

Who the frick cares what she wants. Stop letting others have control over your life.
I was just about to say the same thing. (this might be interpreted as "dogpiling" or "ganging up" on the "newbie" but all it is is two or more people who agree. #preempt #tiredofbeinglecturedforthesakeofwank)

You are giving this person way too much power. She made her husband break up with you; she is not someone you need to consider. You do not gain anything by walking on eggshells around her.

So, she might be talking to someone you want to talk to. She going to talk to that person all night? If yes, then that person must be really into her, and probably wouldn't be into you quite so much anyway. Talk to someone else instead. She can't be in more than one place at a time. If this is a "big campout event" and you have been invited by "multiple people", I fail to recognize the dilemma. It isn't like it's someone's wedding and you're both asked to be brides-maids or something.

It's been my experience that when I have wanted to avoid someone, and I choose to attend an event at which that individual will be present, it usually turns out that the person I want to avoid is equally or more determined to avoid ME, and I don't have to do anything I wouldn't ordinarily do anyway.