View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws0042 View Post
And at the same time, I want to be able to brush it off because it shouldn't matter.
I don't see why you'd want to brush it off. She knows you two were on a date and she called in the middle of it to invite him out on a date with her?

In what world is that not being a self-absorbed jerk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi
Yes say something but don't do it in a worked up moment. After you have a chance to think about things calmly bring it up. Not via text or email either. Face to face.
Agreed. While I think M is either being outright rude or being so self-absorbed that she doesn't know you exist, it doesn't change the fact that a calm conversation is the way to go.

Quote:
And, if it turns out that his rule is going to be "M. can call me away at any time for any reason and I will break dates for her no matter what." then he can go have that rule with someone else, because I can't be treated that way.
Good for you, hopefully that isn't the case though.

I won't date someone who has a choke chain for some outside person to yank at any time they are feeling insecure. This is why I won't date people who use hierarchical ranking systems and I'm hesitant to date people who have monogamous partners. I only date people who control their own destiny and decide for themselves how they want to spend their time and energy.

Quote:
Or is this just karma coming back to bite me? A few weeks ago I did something inconsiderate that really hurt and frustrated my husband and I felt awful about it. I did everything I could to make it up to him, but maybe karma just needed to give me a good bitch-slap about it, just to be sure?
It is obvious that the universe has materialized in your life just to teach you a lesson. The universe, the intelligent force which primarily spends its time meddling in the petty affairs of hairless apes who mope around busying themselves on a spit of sand in the middle of nowhere.

Me: male, 40, straight, single