Thread: Dave's Story
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 08:14 PM

Medical update: My ear is still broken. Extra mucinex, ibuprofen, and antibiotics where prescribed.

K had LASIK today. Having her be able to see me for the first time without corrective lenses was incredible. I am so happy for her. She's doing very well. My sister-in-law had forgotten it was scheduled, so was woken up by my text, "K just went in the operating room." Funny for me. Not so much for her.

Relationship(s) update. K has removed any boundaries. She had previous been afraid of how she'd react being by herself while I'm off with T. But to this point it hasn't bothered her at all. We discussed it and came to the conclusion that if she's going to freak out, she'll have some symptoms between now and then. All three of us have reserved the right to back off if someone is getting nervous. I know that should go without saying, but we are all very careful of each other's feelings.

K really amazes me. She so secure in herself and our relationship. There hasn't been anything hard in this so far. There was one night where she felt a little scared, but I assured her nothing has changed for me. Any future plans I have include K.

I would love for the future to include T, but she's pretty unwilling to think that far ahead and she's very independent. She's had a steady BF for 8 years and gets queasy any time he suggests they move in together. It's pretty hard to plan a long term relationship with someone that afraid of commitment so we'll just enjoy what time we have together.

So, just a few weeks now and I'll be with T. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.
Stakes - very intimate friend