View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM

Default My Thoughts

I am not sure why I am offering a reply... Most likely it is to help myself come to grips with some of the things that I am facing in my life... However... I am of the opinion that love... the feeling the emotion is infinite... however... the fear the concern the... black and white view point... could come from insecurity... (if they really love me... then why do they love someone else?) most of us... are/were raised... with the thought the idea the concept of... The One... the one perfect love the one perfect match... the one whom was... Made... to complete us... its... a beguiling notion... and I can not say that it is not true... however... it begs the question of... if there is one "perfect match"... how many... 98% matches are there out there in the world?... 89%? 76%? how... are we to truely judge what a perfect love is... let alone a perfect relationship?? anyway... love is a GIFT... it can not be taken... it can not be Loaned... and once given... it can not be taken back... yet... as said before... I believe... it is infinite... so you can give all you wish... and when you find yourself in a relationship where love is returned in kind... it is truely a wonderous thing... now... for insecurity... or jealousy... it... is EASIER... to just love... ONE... person... its... not lazy... just... simpler... and possibly has been... ingrained into us... by family... society... religion... ect... that the love we give... MUST be to only one... it is not easy to break out of the norms that we have grown into... and it is all to easy... to find hurt... when one thinks... that the love... ones loved one gives to another... is at the expense of oneself... your husband... is not threatened... i would dare say... by K... but then again... why should he? the nature of your intimacy... sexual or otherwise... is no... threat... to him... but to face the idea... that you could love... and be bound intimately... with another man... i could see that being most difficult to accept... for it raises the question... what... is it that this... man.. this... fellow person of my own gender... can give... that i am NOT giving?? the answer... is the nature of the emotionall fullfillment... the nature of the CONNECTION that you feel with J... you can.. LOVE.. mutual shared connectedess you have with your husband... for say a hobby... something that you two enjoy together... and with J... you love... the feeling of intimacy that comes from shared experiences that are DIFFERENT... from your husband... its... my best of hopes... for you... that in TIME... and with much... open and honest communication... between you and your husband... and this couple... that your husband could come to see.. that what ever J could give... is something special and different... and not a threat... to the nature of the love that he provides... I am sorry for the lengthy response... I wish you well...