water by itself won't conduct electricity
It has to have some dissolved minerals in it and I don't know if you've been around electric fences much, but there is a world of difference between the shock you feel pissing on the fence as compared to pissing on it with a good ground. For example, some fences have metal stakes with a good couple of feet of the stake driven into the ground, a firm grip on such a good ground delivers such a more powerful jolt that it often causes involuntary urination. So if your already peeing on it when it happens (which it will deliver a shock, esp with a firm grip on a good ground) it'd be like killing one bird with two stones.
Although most shoot for the occurrence the other way around