View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
It's a bit heartbreaking that I crave attention and don't seem to get my needs met for weeks at a time. I don't know if I am just being insecure or if I have a right to get my needs met.
You sound sad. I'm sorry your hurt.

You have the need for attention/connection to your partners. For whatever reason -- they are not meeting your need. Your choices could be...
a) talk to them about it and ask for changes. Nobody is a mind reader. Maybe they don't know you have needs going unmet?

b) Accept you have X size need. They can only provide Y. So the rest you have to get met elsewhere. Then you can be with them while getting your X size need filled. (YOU change, you can control this)

c) Accept they can only provide Y. Try to live with Y size then. Give up needing X size and adapt to Y size. (YOU change, you can control this)

d) Decide you want X size, give them up. You need more than they can give and partial Y size that they could give just is not enough. (You change, you can control this)

e) You ask and they give you X need. (You can ASK. But in the end only THEY can control their behavior and their willingness to give X. They control this. )

f) Some other choice I cannot think of right now. (Maybe someone else has ideas?)
I'd go with trying out one of the ones YOU can do. See if that serves you better.

Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 06-17-2013 at 05:42 PM.