View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
My understanding is that she is attempting to create a network for a population of people who are traditionally marginalized in other poly communities. This isn't the same as being exclusive and it isn't for the purpose of lessening the dating pool, since it's not a dating site.

Sometimes the practice of inclusivity involves creating spaces tailored to meet the needs of people who perhaps have not been able to find that kind of understanding in other communities.
Ah well, then I would suggest that the site mods say that in the intro to the site or ask questions that would specifically indicate whether one considers themselves marginalized or not in the way that they deem to fit with them. It just may seem to some to marginalize in itself at the moment.

Perhaps if it were more clear who the site is meant for, who it is meant to attract, in terms of what marginalized group it is meant for? The questions might meet less resistance for people who are curious and want to know if it is a good fit for them. Perhaps the frustration with the questions would lesson if people knew ahead of time and could decide without feeling like it's some kind of secret club that they don't fit... a club that marginalizes them and therefore they are not welcome.

Anyway, I hope that is helpful in some way...

it feels kind of weird talking about this on this forum. I think that is probably all I have to say or suggest.