Thread: Poly networking
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
Although we've never managed to make it to one, we've seen events/workshops focused on Tantric sex practice and found the concept interesting. 'Concept' being meeting with a group of loving, focused people who we've never met before and exploring different aspects of sexuality.
Now to us - that seems like a whole different avenue of exploration than a 'swing' party. Although we've never participated in a swing party - we attended one once for a short while and soon discovered that it just wasn't our "thing". But we also acknowledged that was just that particular party, with that particular group etc. We certainly didn't 'label' swinging or swing parties by that one experience. And we know that those vary as widely as people do.
I'm rambling with no point LOL

Actually, I think the point is (if I'm even understanding you correctly) that I'm surprised to learn that you and your loves would, for example, not consider investigating something like that together (if possible). For example, any of the Tantric training we've seen didn't imply any expectations of being sexual with anyone but your own partner(s) (if you had one). But neither was it implied otherwise - giving us the impression that it was open to flow in whatever direction each individuals comfort level allowed.

I guess I'm not clear on what you see as 'boundary' limitations in these cases. Is it just that it (might) involve something sexual (or semi) with someone you are not already in a relationship with. Is that the 'boundary' ?
I am not sure if it is tantric. I don't think so actually. They have a website and there is no mention of tantric. I would post it and perhaps will later, but I am not sure if it will indicate the group or not at this point as they seem to be doing their own thing and I would rather not make myself known in terms with my involvement so far. Does that make sense....? It is certainly different from swinging and I like the appreciation for self care while being sexual.

Anyway, I haven't talked with Mono about it but have with my husband. He just said he didn't know what he thinks yet. I am interested to know more as it ties in with the workshop I am getting together and I do like to be as informed as possible about what is out there.

We haven't talked about boundaries that involve others being around us while we do our own thing in their presence. Of the top of my head I like the idea of learning more with my two men and experiencing private activities in a public setting. But as I said, I don't know what the others think yet and can't speak on what the boundaries are about exploring that, if at all. I don't know if that is possible in the context of the group involved or not.

It is strange that this has come up so much in my life... I'm glad yet tired at this point. It's exhausting. There is a reason somewhere and I don't know what it is, but I will never know if I shut doors without looking to see what is inside from the door way. I am keeping my mind open, communication open and taking everything as it comes...