View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 07:23 PM

Guys come on, lets try to be civil and on topic here. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just expressing feelings I'm having. Please, let's stay on topic.

Now, in regards to studies. As someone with Aspergers, I clearly rely on logic for most choices. So when I see these studies about it, it makes me feel like my way is proven to be wrong. So it feels like I'm being forced. If feel like when I do enter a relationship, and choose to not be poly, that it makes me bad, that I will be unhappy unless I choose it (even though I don't want to). I keep imagining finding a partner who I'm dating, and that the partner will want to be poly. I don't want poly because I just don't feel fulfilled or happier in a triad. I don't want to deal with extra people also.

I just want someone to tell me that it's ok. That it does not make me lesser or wrong in any way. Because the idea that got planted in my head is that my relationship will not be truly unless its poly, but I don't feel that way. In fact I never felt this way until that day (the verbal hurt about my way to love).