View Single Post
  #38  
Old 06-14-2013, 05:54 PM
onoma onoma is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
This is just about the worst thing you could say to someone on the autistic spectrum.
Why? How could it have been better?

Quote:
This shows me that you have a painfully limited idea of what it is like to have autism.
Not speaking for the original author... but I'd wager most of us have a painfully limited idea about what autism is like. Basically, 90% of my knowledge of the subject is from Boston Legal, and the other 10% is from my girlfriend who may have some autistic tendencies.

Point of all this being: If people don't understand autism to your satisfaction, try helping. Constructive criticism, that is, rather than just criticism.
Reply With Quote