View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
I know a couple successful triads the key to their success seems to be that one member of the couple dates the individual first. They form a successful relationship then the other member of the couple is SLOWLY brought in and then forms their own seperate relationship with the individual. Dating as a couple works as well as playing the lottery for a retirement plan.

Why do you feel the need to share a person. Why not share the experience of each of you exploring relationship with separate individuals.
I already answered this and thought my post was in moderation cue because I closed my browser too quick to see what the little window wanted to tell me. Hopefully this won't become a sort-of-double-post.

I do understand that a lot of triads form that fashion, and most don't seem to form in the fashion that we were hoping for, if any. As I mentioned in the post above (much better than my original missing attempt, maybe recaptcha ate it?), we're trying to be as flexible as we can but still be honest.

What would be the perspective of a person hearing the proposition of most silly unicorn hunter people like myself? What makes it particularly undesirable to consider? I'm still a total newbie so I don't have a very good perspective of how someone else would feel in that situation -- I do get parts of it, but I don't understand why it's as unrealistic as it's stated to be if the couple was reasonable. That said, please don't insult my retirement plans.

Finally, we're not so much hoping to share as to just have an all-around relationship, except with one more person. I don't know if that's a meaningful differentiation to anyone else! I can't give a really great answer mostly because it's just what seems natural to me. Wife feels the same way, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
I recommend this
That appears to be the article from this site I found very enlightening and helpful (but on a different site, and through multiple posts?)! We've both been doing our best to appreciate what it had to say since it was probably one of the most enlightening single pieces we stumbled upon at this point.