View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 PM

Thanks for the happy birthdays! The sunburn has hit the peely stage, which is not cute. I don't even wanna look at myself! The mirror and I are breaking up for a few days.

I had a long text with Punk today. He comes home from his business trip this afternoon, and we're tentatively making plans to hang out next week. He wants to show me his photos of Boston; I want to breathe in the scent of his skin!

Both Punk and Fly have told me recently that I'm way lower maintenance and less drama than most women they've been in relationships with or dated. I loved hearing this, because I know in many ways I'm not the easiest person in the world, but I want to bring joy and not stress into the lives of the people I care about. It was a lovely compliment, especially to receive from both of them individually and independently.

Moonlight and I went to another baseball game Friday night, sitting in her season ticket seats. In a funny twist of life, Fly called me Friday afternoon to tell me that he had scored VIP tickets at work to the same game! He and Kiddo were sitting where Moonlight and I could see them - we had a wonderful giggle watching the boys rock out to "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and "Louie Louie" during the 7th inning stretch. And our team won, which added to the fun. Fly took me home afterwards so I could grab my car, and I drove over to Moonlight's to spend the night. We were both too tired and stressed out from the work week for sex, but had some delicious cuddle time and a sweet sleep.

Moonlight's niece works for NASA, and we've been invited to attend a rocket launch in Cape Canaveral in November. After some hemming and hawing about being able to afford it, I've decided it's an opportunity I can't pass by. It'll be our first "going on an airplane" trip together, and I'm ridiculously excited. I've never been to Florida, and it sounds blissful to have a respite from the Seattle rain and cold at that time of year.

In chicken news, 5 of the 6 hens are laying, and we're getting 4-5 eggs every day. Everyone who comes to my house is required to take home a half-dozen eggs! In garden news, the zucchinis are taking over everything, and I let them get too big before I decided to trellis, so now it's a big power struggle between the vines and myself. I shall prevail!!

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 10-year-old son Kiddo